What is Tree Lopping?
The internet is full of guides and tutorials on tree lopping. These guides make it sound and appear so easy as if it is something everyone can manage, right? But truth be told, there is more to tree lopping than just having a chainsaw and some fancy safety gear.
Tree lopping requires thorough planning and meticulous execution. It entails the cutting away of huge branches that may pose an inherent risk not just to you, but to your property as well. However, this is not to say that it is not an important exercise. Rather, it’s just a reminder on the need to get a professional tree lopper instead of you trying a trial and error DIY.
What is the difference between tree lopping and tree removal?
1. Both are actually almost one and the same. However, tree removal entails the cutting down and removal of the entire tree. It’s also known as tree felling.
2. Tree lopping on the other hand often refers to trimming and pruning of specific branches, leaving the rest of the tree intact. Usually, tree lopping is done to improve the aesthetic value of your trees and other plants.
3. It’s also done to trim off branches that may have overgrown and covered the roof or driveway.
4. Still, sick or unhealthy plants may require tree lopping in order to prevent the disease from spreading to other parts.
DIY Vs hiring a professional Tree Lopping Company
DIY tree lopping is common with people looking to save a coin on two they’d have spent on a tree lopping company. Plus others enjoy working on their trees in their homes during their free time. However, there are inherent dangers of doing tree lopping by yourself. It’s a technical task that requires you to have the right tools to do the job efficiently. You also risk falling off from your ladder, which is not uncommon around homes. Using a Chainsaw is risky business. It’s always much better when you hire a professional tree lopping company to come and get the job done.
Benefits of hiring a tree lopping company
– Tree loppers adhere to safe work practices in accordance with Australian WHS Standards.
– Professional tree loppers are trained on how to operate around power lines
– They have the right tools and equipment for trimming, pruning or cutting off dead trees.
– Tree loppers will clean up after doing the job
– They offer additional services like tree mulching, trump removal, and so on
– They have insurance Before chopping down a tree, always remember that some are legally protected. You may need to consult the local council or authorities before embarking on tree lopping especially in public places. Tree lopping companies are better suited to pursue the legal aspects of tree removal, they’ll advise you on the best way forward.
Common tools used in tree lopping
Depending on the size of the tree and geography of an area, there are some power tools that are mandatory during tree lopping.
Small chainsaw; this is used for trimming and pruning small, light branches.
Large chainsaw; in case you need to fell a big tree by cutting the trunk
Stump grinder; for stump removal after the tree has been felled
Log splitter; splitting large pieces of wood into smaller, more manageable ones.
A Woodchipper; turning timber waste to mulch
Cherry picker; platform to stand on when lopping higher branches.
Safety gear; gloves, goggles, helmet, harnessing rope (where climbing is involved) Regardless of how much research you’ll have done on the internet, avoid handling chainsaws unless you’re really qualified at it. The chainsaw blade is super sharp and it takes just one wrong move to cause serious injuries or damage.
Picking The Ideal Tree Lopping Company
Seeing that there are so many tree lopping companies around, how do you identify the best one for the job?
– Always start by conducting some background research on the tree lopping company before hiring.
– How long have they been offering tree lopping services? Is the company insured, well equipped, does it have a reputation for doing efficient jobs?
– A good tree lopping service provider should be familiar with your area and the local laws governing tree removal. They should be licensed and accredited to offer tree lopping services in your state.
– In some instances, you may also want to find out whether the tree lopping company offers emergency tree removal services.
– Such would come in handy when you’re dealing with an old or fallen tree that poses an immediate danger to lives and property.